Representing Yourself in Court - Pro Se Answer
See these resources for information related to representing yourself and seeking fee waivers if you cannot afford an attorney.
NOTE: These are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
- Fact Sheet - Filing a Pro Se Answer (View as PDF | View as HTML)
- Fact Sheet - In Forma Pauperis Instructions. This guide offers directions on how to seek a waiver for court filing fees.
- Fact Sheet - In Forma Pauperis and Sample Forms
- Fact Sheet - Service by Publication (Warning Order)
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Affidavit
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Petition
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Order
Visit this link to create forms you can use in court:
- Interactive Form - In Forma Pauperis. This is an interactive form that will produce the three (3) documents you need to request a waiver of filing fees from the court.
See this video for information about how to properly respond to a lawsuit:
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.