Child Support Resources
Every child living in Arkansas has a legal right to the financial support of both parents, even if the parents are divorced, separated or never married. A support order is a legal order issued by a judge. The order spells out how much child support is owed and how it will be paid. The court may also order the parent who doesn’t have custody to pay either one half or all of reasonable and necessary medical/dental expenses of the children.
This section contains links that offer information about child support law in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms and interactive forms to help you child support laws in Arkansas.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Booklet - From Parent Wars to Co-Parenting. An Arkansas Bar Association publication.
- Fact Sheet - Child Support (Getting Help from OCSE)
- Fact Sheet - Child Support Amounts and Resources
- Fact Sheet - Contacting the Office of Child Support Enforcement
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
Use these forms to create documents you can use in court:
- Form - Affidavit of Financial Means. PDF fill-in form from the Arkansas Courts.
- Interactive Form - Child Support Termination
This resource creates a form packet personalized with your information.
- Interactive Form Packet - Contempt
This resource creates a form packet personalized with your information. It includes a demand letter, motion for contempt, and an order to show cause for use in cases where the opposing party is not following a court order.
- Support Chart - Arkansas Weekly Family Support Chart
- Support Chart - Arkansas Biweekly Family Support Chart
- Support Chart - Arkansas Semimonthly
- Support Chart - Arkansas Monthly
- Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
Check these websites for other potentially helpful information. These websites are maintained by other organizations:
- Website - Application for Child Support services. OCSE legal help to establish support payments.
- Website - Child Support guidelines. Information from the Arkansas Courts.
- Website - Child Support payment. See your payment options here. You can even pay online.
- Website - Stateside Legal. For military members, veterans and their families.
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.