Disaster Relief Resources
If you have been a victim of the recent storm and flooding damage in Arkansas then there are resources available to help you through this crisis. Some of these resources may be provided by federal and state programs while other resources may be available locally or by private organizations.
Attorneys interested in volunteering should contact the Arkansas Bar Association.
President Declares A Major Disaster For Arkansas
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that federal disaster aid has been made available to Arkansas to supplement the state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by severe storms, tornadoes, and associated flooding beginning on April 23, 2011, and continuing.
Individuals and business owners who sustained losses in the designated counties can now begin applying for assistance by registering online at disasterassistance.gov, by web enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.
- Flooding is the nation's most common natural disaster. Flooding can happen in every U.S. state and territory. However, all floods are not alike. Some can develop slowly during an extended period of rain (... read more at ready.gov) OR view our Disaster Relief "Flooding" Information Section.
- Tornadoes are nature's most violent storms. They can appear suddenly without warning and can be invisible until dust and debris are picked up or a funnel cloud appears. Planning and practicing (... read more at ready.gov) view our Disaster Relief "Tornado" Information Section.
FACT SHEETS AND WEBSITES
- Disaster Manual
- Fact Sheet - FEMA Denial: Questions & Appeals
- Fact Sheet - Flood Damage: Rebuild Safer & Stronger
- Fact Sheet - Flood Damage: Rebuilding Responsibilities
- Fact Sheet - Flood Damage: Rebuilding & Permits
- Fact Sheet - Flood Damage: Family Valuables & Heirlooms
- Fact Sheet - Flash Flood Warning Tips
- Fact Sheet - Small Business Preparation
- Fact Sheet - Immigrant Eligibility for Disaster Aid
- Fact Sheet - Weather Radios
Below are important notices of relief available to disaster victims who have been charged with a FEMA overpayment.
- Not Pending Final Waiver Notice Package
- Pending Final Waiver Notice Package
- FEMA Waiving Debts Pursuant to the Disaster Assistance Recoupment Fairness Act of 2011