Disability Rights, Discrimination, Unemployment Benefits, and Termination
No matter what gender you are, employees have a right to be paid equally for equal work. People with disabilities are protected against discrimination, too.
The Americans with Disabilities Act protect people with disabilities in employment, state and local government, public accommodations, commercial facilities, transportation and telecommunication. The Equal Pay Act requires employers to pay all employees equally for equal work, regardless of their gender.
This section contains links that offer information about discrimination and the federal laws set in place to protect individuals. There are pdf fact sheets to help you understand discrimination laws in Arkansas.
- "Disability Rights Laws" * PDF by Department of Justice (DOJ)
- "Disability Benefits" * PDF by Social Security Administration (SSA)
- "Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors" * PDF by Social Security Administration (SSA)
- "Disability Benefits for Wounded Warriors (Spanish)" * PDF by Social Security Administration (SSA)
- "Disability Compensation" * PDF by Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- "Disability Discrimination"
- "Disability Discrimination (Spanish)"
- "Unemployment Benefits"
Note: these are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.