Enrollment and Disabilities Education Act
This section contains links that offer information about education law in Arkansas. There are fact sheets and other resources to help you understand Arkansas and federal law. If you think your child may qualify for special education, please refer to the Parent's Guide to Civil Rights/Education and IDEA, A Parent's Guide for general information special education eligibility and services. Both publications can be found below. If you would like to refer a child for special education testing, please see the special education referrals factsheet. If your child has been expelled or suspended, please refer to the school discipline factsheet. This factsheet provides information about your child's rights. This information applies to both special education and non-special education students. Select a different topic here.
- "504 Plans"
- "504 Request Letter Template" * Fillable Word
- "Individualized Education Program (IEP)"
- "Individualized Education Program (IEP) (Spanish)"
- "School Discipline"
- "Special Education Referral"
- "Special Education Referral Letter Template" * Fillable Word
- "School Enrollment"
- Arkansas Law—Arkansas Code—Unannotated (LexisNexis)
- Disability Rights Center of Arkansas
- IDEA: A Parent's Guide
- National Disability Rights Network
- Parent's Guide: Civil Rights/Education
Note: these are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.