Sealing Criminal Records (Expungement)
In some cases, you can ask the court to seal your criminal record from public view. This used to be called expungement. It is now called Petition and Order to Seal. Your records won't be physically destroyed, but they will be sealed and treated as confidential. Below you will find several different resources for sealing your criminal record.
Click on the button below and then type "expungement" in the field. We are using NEXT-Generation Legal Technology developed by AUX to help you with your expungement process.
AUX created Docubot™ - a technology that uses the collective knowledge of hundreds of attorneys and artificial intelligence to automatically create your personalized expungement forms to ask that a misdemeanor be sealed in Arkansas.
The following records CANNOT be sealed:
- A sexual offense in which the victim was under the age of 18 years
- A felony in which you spent any time in the Arkansas Department of Corrections
- A Class Y felony
- A Class A or B felony that are not drug offenses
- An unclassified felony with a maximum sentence that was more than 10 years
- A violent felony
If any of the above is true, you will need to complete an application for pardon on the Arkansas Governor's website.
Before completing the Petition and Order to Seal forms, it helps to have your Judgment and Commitment Order. If you do not have this legal document, you can go to the clerk's office where you were sentenced and ask for a copy. The clerk may charge a small fee (generally $5) for the copies.
This section contains links that offer information about expungement laws in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms, and interactive forms to help you understand sealing your criminal records in Arkansas.
VISIT THE ARKANSAS CRIME INFORMATION CENTER FOR THE LATEST FORMS.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Background Check
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Overview
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Instructions
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart (Felonies)
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart (Misdemeanors)
- Fact Sheet - Pardon (Executive Clemency)
FORMS - PETITIONS TO SEAL OR EXPUNGE
- Interactive Form Packet - With this interactive form packet, you can draft the legal forms that you need to file your own Petition to Seal.
- Petition to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Act 531 of 1993 Petition to Expunge (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Petition to Seal Under Act 346 of 1975 (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Interactive Form Packet - With this interactive form packet, you can draft the legal forms that you need to file your own Order to Seal.
- Order to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Act 531 of 1993 Final Order of Expungement (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Order to Dismiss and Seal Under Act 346 of 1975 (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Criminal History Order to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Criminal History Petition to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC) (update in progress)
- Website: Arkansas Crime Information Center
- Website: Arkansas State Police
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat pdf files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.