Expungement: Sealing Criminal Records Resources
In some cases, you can ask the court to seal your criminal record from public view. This is called expungement. Your records won't be physically destroyed, but they will be sealed and treated as confidential.
This section contains links that offer information about expungement laws in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms, and interactive forms to help you understand sealing your criminal records in Arkansas.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Expungement
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart (Felonies)
- Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart (Misdemeanors)
FORMS - PETITIONS TO SEAL OR EXPUNGE
- Petition to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC)
- Act 531 of 1993 Petition to Expunge (PDF provided by ACIC)
- Petition to Seal Under Act 346 of 1975 (PDF provided by ACIC)
- Order to Seal Form (PDF provided by ACIC)
- Act 531 of 1993 Final Order of Expungement (PDF provided by ACIC)
- Order to Dismiss and Seal Under Act 346 of 1975 (PDF provided by ACIC)
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat pdf files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.
|Fact Sheet - Expungement (PDF)||46.58 KB|
|Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart - Felonies (PDF)||208.03 KB|
|Fact Sheet - Expungement Flow Chart - Misdemeanors (PDF)||185.99 KB|