Birth & Death Certificates
Arkansas Vital Records maintains birth and death certificates in Arkansas. Arkansas Vital Records has birth records dating from February 1, 1914 through the present. There are a limited number of birth records available prior to 1914. Those records were filed with Arkansas Vital Records after 1914. We also have original copies of some Little Rock and Fort Smith births dating from 1881.
Arkansas Vital Records also has death records dating from February 1, 1914 through the present. There are a limited number of death records available for deaths occurring between 1881 and 1914 in Little Rock and Fort Smith. The Arkansas History Commission keeps an alphabetical listing of deaths in Arkansas dating from 1914 through 1949, but they do not have the actual death records.
This section contains links that offer information about birth and death records. See these resources to learn more about birth and death certificates and to find applications to request them. All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Birth Certificate
- Fact Sheet - Death Certificate
- Form - Birth Certificate Application
- Form - Death Certificate Application
- Form - Putative Father Registry Application
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
- Arkansas Circuit Court Domestic Relations - Information and Forms
- ARKANSAS LAW - Arkansas Code - Unannotated (LexisNexis)
- Arkansas Vital Records - Birth Records
- Arkansas Vital Records - Birth and Fetal Death Certificates
- Arkansas Vital Records - Death Records
- Arkansas Vital Records - Online Death Certificate Search & Order Service
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.