It can be hard to deal with bill collectors. See the resources below to learn how the debt-collection process is supposed to work and how you can protect yourself from harassment. You can also find out how to make good financial decisions in order to avoid these problems before they arise.
This section contains links that offer information about protections about debt collection law and other financial resources. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms and interactive forms to help you better understand your rights and obligations provided by both Arkansas and Federal law.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Debt Collection (Overview)
- Fact Sheet - Do Not Call Registry
- Fact Sheet - Execution on Judgment
- Fact Sheet - Repossession
- Form - Budget Planning Worksheet
- Form - Sample "Stop Contact" Letter to Creditor
- Brochure - Borrower Beware
- Brochure - Borrower Beware (Spanish)
- Brochure - The Truth About Credit Reports
- Brochure - The Truth About Credit Reports (Spanish)
- Brochure - The Truth About Credit Reports (Chinese)
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
VIDEO RESOURCES (Watch & Learn)
- Video - Dealing with Debt Collectors
- Video: Servicemembers Civil Relief Act - Consumer and Financial Protections
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.