It can be hard to deal with bill collectors. See the resources below to learn how the debt-collection process is supposed to work and how you can protect yourself from harassment. You can also find out how to make good financial decisions in order to avoid these problems before they arise.
This section contains links that offer information about protections about debt collection law and other financial resources. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms and interactive forms to help you better understand your rights and obligations provided by both Arkansas and Federal law. Select a different topic here.
- "Credit Reports"
- "Credit Reports" * PDF Brochure by National Consumer Law Center (NCLC)
- "Credit Reports (Spanish)" * PDF Brochure by National Consumer Law Center (NCLC)
- "Credit Reports for Older Consumers" * PDF by National Consumer Law Center (NCLC)
- "Debt Collection"
- "Debt Collection (Spanish)"
- "Disputing Errors on Credit Reports" * PDF by Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- "National Do Not Call Registry"
- "Stop Contact to a Collection Agency Letter Template" * Fillable Word
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.