Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner. Domestic violence can be physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that intimidate, manipulate, humiliate, isolate, frighten, terrorize, coerce, threaten, blame, hurt, injure, or wound someone. This section contains links that offer information about domestic abuse law in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms, streaming video and interactive forms to help you better understand family law in Arkansas. Select a Different Topic here.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Brochure - Safety Plan. This discusses the steps you can take to leave a dangerous home and protect yourself against domestic violence. Also see the below Safety Plan Example.
- Fact Sheet - Domestic Violence (Overview)
- Fact Sheet - Domestic Violence (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet - Arkansas Domestic Violence Shelters.
You can also view shelters by county at this link.
- Fact Sheet - Access to Legal Services for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence and Trafficking
- Fact Sheet - Access to Legal Services for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence and Trafficking (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet - Acceso a los servicios legales para víctimas immigrantes
- Fact Sheet - Legal Help for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence
- Fact Sheet - Legal Help for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence (Spanish) | Ayuda legal para immigrantes víctimas de violencia doméstica
- Fact Sheet - Order of Protection. This sheet describes what an Order of Protection is and what it means for you. Written both for someone seeking such an order and for someone against whom one is being sought. Also see the Order of Protection Instructions fact sheet below.
- Fact Sheet - Order of Protection (Spanish) | Orden de protección
- Fact Sheet - Order of Protection Instructions
- Fact Sheet - Order of Protection (Spanish) | Cómo obtener una Orden de Protección
- Fact Sheet - Stalking Laws
- Fact Sheet - Teen Dating Violence
- Fact Sheet - VAWA. Spouse abuse and immigration.
- Fact Sheet - VAWA (Spanish)
- Fact Sheet - VAWA (Russian)
- Fact Sheet - VAWA (Vietnamese)
- Fact Sheet - VAWA (Chinese)
- Safety Planning (Brochure)
- Domestic Violence - Computer Safety
- Domestic Violence Resources - Legal Aid of Arkansas
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
- Form - Affidavit Accompanying Petition for Domestic Order of Protection
- Interactive Form - Divorce Packet - This easy-to-use interactive form will produce all the forms needed to file for a simple divorce in Arkansas. Note: you will be directed off of the Arkansas Legal Services Partnership website.
- Interactive Form - Order of Protection - This easy to use interactive form will generate the court documents needed to file for an Order of Protection.
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
- Website - StatesideLegal: Domestic Violence (for military members, veterans and their families)
- Website - Arkansas Domestic Violence Shelters
- Website - Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Website - Stateside Legal (for military members, veterans and their families)
VIDEO RESOURCES (Watch & Learn)
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.