Self-Help Forms - Security Deposit Demand Letter Packet

Housing Law ResourcesYour landlord may ask you for a security deposit. A security deposit is money that pays for any damages to a home beyond normal wear and tear that happen during the time that you live there. 

Damages can include damaged property. If you do not clean the home, pay rent, pay late fees, or give a 30-day notice before you move out, then the landlord can keep the security deposit.

If there are not any damages beyond normal wear and tear, then the landlord must return the security deposit to you or give you a list of damages. This list should include the damages that you have done and the amount withheld from the security deposit to repair those damages.

Below is a link to the interactive packet that will produce a PDF Security Deposit Demand Letter

Interactive form Security Deposit Demand Letter

If you are having problems with the interactive form, follow the link below to the fill-in PDF form 

Security Deposit Demand Letter Fill-in PDF Form