Emancipation is a legal way for a minor to become adults before they are 18 years old. Parents no longer have custody over someone who is emancipated. If you are emancipated, you will give up the right to be supported by your parents. Some things will not change, even if you are emancipated.
This section contains links that offer information about juvenile issues like emancipation and abuse in Arkansas. There are PDF fact sheets and forms below.
- "504 Plans"
- "504 Request Letter Template" * Fillable Word
- "Emancipation Packet" * PDF
- "Name Change for a Minor of a Single Parent" * PDF Form
- "Bullying (Spanish)"
- "Bullying Packet" * PDF
- "Bullying Report Letter Template" * Fillable Word
- Publication - FINS - Families In Need of Services Overview & Proceedings (This publication is provided by the Arkansas Courts)
The fact sheets are in Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.