In Forma Pauperis
In Forma Pauperis (also known as a fee waiver) is used when you cannot afford to pay the court filing fee and costs for filing a court form. Before you file your court forms, you can request a fee waiver from the court. The court may consider the current federal poverty guidelines and will look at your ability to pay the filing fee based on what you own and how much money you make.
If the court grants your fee waiver, then you can file your court forms without paying filing fees and other fees charged by the clerk.
Currently, there is a $165 filing fee in some counties in Arkansas. Other counties may charge more. You can ask the clerk what the filing fee is in that county.
This section contains links that offer information about filing fee and asking for a fee waiver in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, interactive forms, and more below.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - In Forma Pauperis
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Affidavit (PDF)
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Petition (PDF)
- Form - In Forma Pauperis Order (PDF)
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
- Form - Confidential Information Sheet (Court Cover Sheets)
- Form - Confidential Information Sheet (Instructions) (Court Cover Sheets)
- Automated Form - In Forma Pauperis Packet (Petition/Order/Affidavit and Instructions)
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
- Arkansas Circuit Court Domestic Relations - Information and Forms
- ARKANSAS LAW - Arkansas Code - Unannotated (LexisNexis)
- Supreme Court of Arkansas, IN RE Rules of Civil Procedure 3 & 7 (2/23/2012)
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.