Do some homework before you shop for a car because spending time now may save you serious money later. Think about your driving habits, your needs, and your budget. A new car is second only to a home as the most expensive purchase many consumers make.
This section contains resources that offer information about consumer laws and protections when buying a new or used car. There are fact sheets and legal lessons below. Select a different topic here.
- "Buying a New Car"
- "Buying a New Car (Spanish)"
- "Buying a Used Car"
- "Buying a Used Car (Spanish)"
- "Lemon Law"
- "Lemon Law (Spanish)"
Note: these fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
- Interactive Form—Auto Lease Termination (for military members, veterans and their families)
- Sample Letter—Requesting Final-Chance Repair (pdf)
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)—Consumer and Financial Protections (for military members, veterans and their families)
- Arkansas Better Business Bureau (Filing a Complaint)
- Arkansas Law—Arkansas Code—Unannotated (LexisNexis)
- Auto Loan Calculator—Consumer Protection Laws You Should Know Before Taking an Auto Loan
- Consumer Protection Division of the Arkansas Attorney General's Office