Employment Resources (for Individuals with Military Connections)
Are you returning to a past civilian job? Are you leaving your job for active duty? Maybe you are looking for a new civilian job.
Your connection with the military may provide you some legal protections with you civilian employment situation. Legal protections are not only provided for active duty members of the military, but also for veterans, families and other types of military connections. See the links below to learn more about how consumer law resources that may benefit you and your family.
STATESIDE LEGAL RESOURCES
- Chart for What Benefits You Are Eligible for Based on Discharge Condition
- Discharge Conditions
- Employment Rights of Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities
- Family and Medical Leave Act - protections for employees who need to care for service member or veteran who is ill
- Interactive Form - USERRA Notification to Employer
- Tax Credits and Public Benefits
- Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Servicemembers
- Unemployment Compensation for Servicemembers
- Unemployment Compensation for Spouses Who Quit Work Because of Military Spouse Transfers
- Your Right to Get Your Job Back After Military Service
- Website - Department of Veterans Affairs
- Website - Veterans Benefits Administration
- State Workforce Agency - for your state's requirement for unemployment
- Arkansas State Workforce Agency Information
- Department of Labor Service Members Employment Advisor
- Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Overview
- ADA: Know Your Rights for Returning Service Members with Disabilities
NOTE: Some of these resources are in the Adobe Acrobat PDF file format. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.