Petition to Seal FAQ

Updated December 2016   Fact Sheet PDF

Judgement and Disposition Sheet and ACIC Form

What Can Be Found on Each Sheet?

  • the type of felony you were convicted of can be found on your Judgement and Disposition sheet
  • the Arkansas Code Annotated (ACA) can be found on both sheets, in a set of three numbers (for example, 1-23-456)
  • at what time and date you pled, or were found, guilty can be found on your Judgement and Disposition sheet, after your conviction infor­mation, titled similar to the following: “Conditions of State Super­vised Probation of Sentence”
  • how long your probation was, and how much you were sentenced to pay as fines, can be found on your Judgement and Disposition sheet, after your conviction information
  • whether you were sentenced under Act 346 (or no Act 346 information for those not sentenced under it) may be found on either sheet
  • your case number, which can also be found at under “person name, business name, or case type,” may be found on your Judgement and Disposition sheet
  • the court, county, and division of your conviction can be found on your Judgement and Disposition sheet
  • your arrest date, also known as your offense date, can be found on either sheet
  • your arrest tracking number, SID number, and FBI number can be found on the ACIC form

Which Form Should You Use?

Check your Judgement and Disposition sheet to see what your sentence was, and then find the corresponding form. The most common forms are Act 346, Community Punishment (Act 1460; there is one for felonies and one for mis­demeanors), Nolle Prosequi, and Arrest Only.


Arrest Tracking, SID, and FBI Numbers

While the SID number is a permanent number across all your convictions, your arrest tracking number changes with each arrest. If no FBI number appears on your ACIC sheet, do not fill out the FBI form on the petition.


Having More Than Two Felonies

You are not eligible to seal your record if you have three or more felonies. However, you are still eligible to apply for a Governors’ pardon. The application and instruction packet can be found on If you are seeking to restore your gun rights, use the same pardon application. There will be three options on the second page indicating what will be restored by the pardon if successful. That is where you can choose to pardon your convictions or restore your gun rights. Importantly, if you were sentenced under Act 346, you do not lose your gun rights.


Filing Fee

A $50 filing free is required for each petition filed with the court. You pay this at the clerk’s office in the courthouse of your conviction.


Finding a Notary

Notaries that can sign your petition can be found at many places, such as banks, car lots, courthouses, and law offices.


This fact sheet is a collaboration of the Center for Arkansas Legal Services and Legal Aid of Arkansas, Inc. These nonprofit organizations provide free legal assistance to eligible Arkansans who meet income, asset, and other guidelines. Legal assistance may also include advice and counsel, brief services, or full representation depending on the situation. For more information about civil legal aid in Arkansas, please visit For information specific to Legal Aid of Arkansas, Inc., visit Apply for services online or by calling 1-800-9-LAW-AID (1-800-952-9243).
The information and statements of law in this fact sheet should not be considered legal advice. This fact sheet is provided as a broad guide to help you understand how certain legal matters are handled in general. Courts may interpret the law differently. Before you take action, talk to an attorney and follow his or her advice. Always do what the court tells you to do.
Content provided by: Legal Aid of Arkansas, Inc.


How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment