Serving Our Seniors
Serving Our Seniors in Central Arkansas – June 7, 2012
On Thursday, June 7, 2012, attorneys from the Arkansas Bar Association, the Center for Arkansas Legal Services, and Legal Aid of Arkansas will be available at the Hot Springs Mercy Senior Citizen Center from 1 to 4 p.m. to counsel senior citizens on legal matters.
Approximately 19 attorneys will be available to provide free help to seniors with issues regarding such matters as powers of attorney for healthcare and property, living wills, simple wills, and power of attorneys for grandchildren.
If you are an Arkansas senior in the central Arkansas area, attend Serving Our Seniors in Hot Springs and find assistance for such legal issues as:
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Power of Attorney for Property
- Living Will
- Last Will and Testament
- Grandparent Custody/Visitation/Adoption
- Power of Attorneys for a Minor (often used if grandchildren are staying with you)
- Guardianship of a Minor
If you'd like to learn more, you can watch an 8-minute promotional video created by the American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division on YouTube.
- Arkansas Pro Bono Partnership (a collaboration between Center for Arkansas Legal Services and Legal Aid of Arkansas)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Oaklawn Center on Aging
- Arkansas Access to Justice Commission
- Garland County Legal Support Professionals Association
- West Central Arkansas Area Agency on Aging
- Hot Springs Mercy Senior Center