Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner. Domestic violence can be physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that intimidate, manipulate, humiliate, isolate, frighten, terrorize, coerce, threaten, blame, hurt, injure, or wound someone. This section contains links that offer information about domestic abuse law in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, pdf forms, streaming video and interactive forms to help you better understand family law in Arkansas. Select a different topic here.
- "Domestic Violence"
- "Domestic Violence (Spanish)"
- "Domestic Violence Shelters"
- "Domestic Violence Shelters (Spanish)"
- "Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence and Trafficking"
- "Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence and Trafficking (Spanish)"
- "Order of Protection"
- "Order of Protection Packet"
- "Safety Planning Brochure" * PDF
- "Stalking (Spanish)"
- Affidavit Accompanying Petition for Domestic Order of Protection
- Interactive Form—Divorce Packet This easy-to-use interactive form will produce all the forms needed to file for a simple divorce in Arkansas.
- Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Stateside Legal (for military members, veterans and their families)
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.