This section contains links that offer information about owning a home. Homeownership starts with being smart about money. It is important to know your rights and know what options you have before you sign anything.
Below are PDF fact sheets and links to resources to help you better understand both Arkansas and federal law.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL TOPICS
- Are you needing to save your home from Foreclosure? Click here for information in English or Spanish
- Are you interested in Rent-to-Own Homes? Click here for information in English or Spanish
- Are you seeking relief from damage done by a Natural Disaster? Click here for more information
- Are you considering a Reverse Mortgage? Click here for more information
- HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies- find local pre-purchase counseling, homebuyer education workshops, mortgage deliquency, and default resolution.
- Arkansas Home Inspector Registration Board - find a licensed inspector to look at your home
- Buying vs. Renting Calculator - compares the advantages and considerations of owning versus renting a home
- How Much Can You Afford Calculator - gives you an idea of how much you can afford to spend on a home
- Home Improvement Scams Fact Sheet-helpful tips to avoid being scammed on home repairs and improvements
These fact sheets are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.