This section offers information about federal public housing. The federal government has several programs that can help you find affordable housing if your family is low-income, if you're elderly, or if you're disabled.
Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals, and you have to be a U.S. citizen or have eligible immigration status.
The Housing Choice (Section 8) voucher program is a federal program that helps low-income families rent safe and sanitary housing. If you qualify for this program, you are free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program.
The resources below give more information about these programs and how they apply to you.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Buying a HUD Home
- Fact Sheet - Eviction & Public Housing
- Fact Sheet - Eviction & Public Housing (Spanish) | Desalajos en vivienda de gobierno
- Fact Sheet - Federal-Subsidized Housing Eviction
- Fact Sheet - How HUD Determines Rent
- Fact Sheet - HUD Relocation Assistance
- Fact Sheet - Public Housing (Overview)
- Fact Sheet - Section 8 Housing FAQ
- Fact Sheet - Section 8 Housing (Overview)
- HUD.gov is a site where you can learn more about the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and how to find affordable housing if you are low or moderate income.
- HUD Resource Locator allows you to search for affordable housing and other resources through an interactive map.
Low-Rent Apartment Search is a site that allows you to search for available rental properties in Arkansas.
Public Housing Authorities: Contact Information lists all of the public housing authorities within Arkansas.
NOTE: Some of the resources above are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.