When your child is born, the hospital staff is required to ask for information to complete the baby's birth certificate. Hospital staff will also have forms for the mother and father to sign that say that the father is the biological father. In order to receive child support, paternity has to be proven if a child was born outside of a marriage.
This section contains links that offer information about paternity in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets below.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- "Child Support Amounts and Resources"
- "Contacting the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OSCE)"
- "Getting Help from the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE)"
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
Use these forms to create documents you can use in court:
- Form - Affidavit of Financial Means. PDF fill-in form from the Arkansas Courts.
- Interactive Form - Child Support Termination
This resource creates a form packet personalized with your information.
- Interactive Form Packet - Contempt
This resource creates a form packet personalized with your information. It includes a demand letter, motion for contempt, and an order to show cause for use in cases where the opposing party is not following a court order.
- Putative Father's Registry-Application (If you think you may have a child, you may apply to be on the registry so you can be notified if someone tries to adopt or obtain guardianship over the child)
- Support Chart - Arkansas Weekly, Biweekly and Monthly
- Order/Notice to Withhold Income for Child Support
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
Visit these websites for other potentially helpful information. These websites are maintained by other organizations:
- Website - Application for Child Support services. OCSE legal help to establish support payments.
- Website - Child Support guidelines. Information from the Arkansas Courts.
- Website - Child Support payment. See your payment options here. You can even pay online.
- Website - Stateside Legal. For military members, veterans and their families.
The fact sheets above are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.