Family law WorkgroupWhen your child is born, the hospital staff is required to ask for information to complete the baby's birth certificate. Hospital staff will also have forms for the mother and father to sign that say that the father is the biological father.  In order to receive child support, paternity has to be proven if a child was born outside of a marriage. 

This section contains links that offer information about paternity in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets below. 


Use these forms to create documents you can use in court:

OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
Visit these websites for other potentially helpful information. These websites are maintained by other organizations:

Adobe ReaderThe fact sheets above are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You may need to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.

We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct. We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action. Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.